Polishing Copper Tubing

  • greybates
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      All:

      How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?

      Thanks in advance.
    • pantryman@empireone.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Brasso....worked for us in the Army....
        Bob
        www.oneaccordfoodpantry.org

        Quoting greybates <floyd.bates@...>:

        > All:
        >
        > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

      • Trid
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          --- greybates <floyd.bates@...> wrote:

          > All:
          >
          > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

          I use a Scotch Brite pad to get any residual scale and burnt solder flux off,
          and then Brasso applied with a paper towel.

          Trid
          -short attention spans like shiny thin...oh hey, wanna go ride bikes?
        • Ron Wilson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "greybates" <floyd.bates@...> wrote:

            > All:
            >
            > How do you polish copper tubing to get it to shine as if new?
            >
            > Thanks in advance.

            I soak in white vinegar for a couple hours and hit it with a fine
            steel wool comes up all shiny and new

            regards Ublong