Re: SV: RE: [Distillers] low water use condenser?

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
      A simple ambient cooled power management head made out of two 1 meter
      convector pipes:

      Full reflux at ~500W and max. power ~1kW. I believe Vini has some
      pictures of fan assisted versions. With fans you can at least triple
      the cooling efficiency.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <mauger81@...> wrote:

      > How exactly does convective cooling work?

    • Rasmus
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 1, 2007
        Convectors are e.g. used in mobile homes for heating purposes. They
        usally consist of a tube (0.4 m to 1,5 m or so) with attached thin
        aluminium cooling fins each 5 mm. In horisontal position the ambient
        cooling capacity is ~0.5 kW/m but with appropriate fans you can boost
        this 2 to 3 to ? times.

        In my CM-ARC setup I have a 1 m reflux convector with 11 small
        "PC-fans" attached and an 0.7 m product condensing convector with a
        normal household fan. The reflux convector is almost horizontal
        (50-100 mm "angle") and the other one is vertical. That's the CM-part.
        To accomplish an ARC I use a thermostat with a 0.1°C accuracy. The
        sensor is placed 2/3 from the top of the column (1.5 m) and controls 6
        of the fans, the others work all the time. When temp gets over ~80°C
        these 6 fans start working and gives full reflux for a while until the
        temperature gets below the set temperature. Works like a clock and I
        run my boiler to 100°C without a trace of tails!

        /Vini