Re: [Distillers] Re: Rice Citrus Wine & Rice Wine

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 4 , May 14, 2007
      Hi Mike,
      Please don,t be to hard on Wal, he is like the groups researcher and is unstinting in his sharing of his findings, also we were all under the impression that one needed an enzyme to use rice and other grains to convert the starch to sugars. I for one will be trying your recipe. Recently I bought a sake kit which seems to be much more complicated and convoluted than yours. Your input is the reason why I find this forum so interesting. Keep up the good work.
      Regards
      Joe

      nenengstoute <nenengstoute@...> wrote:
      i give up. instead of spending a lot of time trying to prove me wrong,
      maybe you could just cook up a batch using the kiss recipe i use and
      see what comes out. if they don't have rice cookers,or anyone who knows
      how to cook rice in mongolia,you can order one off ebay. mike ---
      In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@... > wrote:

      > Here is the recipe for Rice Citrus Wine from Honey Creek Wines
      >
      > http://www.honeycre ek.us/recipes/ rice_citrus. htm
      >
      > (You will note that there is around 1 kg of sugar/4 litres of water
      > which will give a typical wine alcohol content. If the rice was
      > crushed finely and not cooked, it also would produce some alcohol)
      >
      > Here is a Rice Wine recipe using raw rice -
      >
      > http://www.cooks. com/rec/doc/ 0,1842,151169- 240201,00. html
      >
      > wal
      >
      > -

      Regards