Re: continuous still

  • nyykter
    Message 1 of 34 , May 10, 2007
      Yes, thats right, suddenly the ABV went below 10%, indicating a
      feeding problem. The eprouvette was very useful here.
      I tried to force feed by changing the mash level, blocking in the
      overflow pipe, draining the whole AFC tube, but without success.
      The problem occured during a short stop for changing the collection
      vessel, something also indicating a vapour lock problem. But, i did
      that change some three or four times during that run, only the last
      one failing.

      Since the steam generator is fed by excess cooling water, there wasn't
      any risk of running dry, something I have been a little bit scared of
      in earlier versions where the element has heated the mash directly.

      /Nykter
    • nyykter