Re: Fwd: Australian moonshine

    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2007
      Compared to America, there is not much literature out there as far as
      I am aware, about legal and illegal distillation in Australia. This is
      a shame. It appears American distillation textbooks were used as the
      manuals as I have not seen any local ones.
      Apparently the first distillery was established in 1822 in Van Diemens
      Land (now Tasmania).
      1844 in Beenleigh, Queensland
      1875 in Normanby, Queensland
      1889 in Bundaberg, Queensland
      1892 in Waterview, Queensland
      It is good to see that Harry is continuing the tradition!

      wal