Re: Angels share?

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 62 , May 3, 2007
      Ian,

      Please do check, I'd like to know. How much is the barrell size you
      are referring to?

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Kent" <kegscruiser@...> wrote:

      > I'm pretty sure my memory is correct that Makers Mark lose 5 gallons
      > in the first year and 1 gallon per year after that.
      > I'll check tonight and if I'm wrong I'll repost.
      >

      > Ian...
      >
      > On 5/4/07, abbababbaccc <abbababbaccc@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I couldn't find the answer in my notes so I thought it easiest to
      ask
      > > in here: How much is the angels share as percentage of whiskey
      storaged
      > > in barrels? Any difference from Scotland to Ireland to USA?
      > >
      > > Cheers, Riku

    • tyler_97355
      Message 62 of 62 , May 27, 2007
        I understand why you are using HDPE. I was going more for the
        "plastics safety" and "flavor leeching" part of the conversation.
        However, you did answer my question as to why the beverage industry
        uses PETE instead of HDPE. So uh, should I say sorry or thank you?

        -Tyler
        Well, I'm not going to lie. I love Jesus.. but I drink a little..