Fwd: Australian moonshine

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007

      See msg 39226 for book source

      In the 1880's moonshine whisky was common in the Australian bush

      http://www.inweb.ch/delaneyscorner/whiskey.php

      wal

      ---
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2007
        Compared to America, there is not much literature out there as far as
        I am aware, about legal and illegal distillation in Australia. This is
        a shame. It appears American distillation textbooks were used as the
        manuals as I have not seen any local ones.
        Apparently the first distillery was established in 1822 in Van Diemens
        Land (now Tasmania).
        1844 in Beenleigh, Queensland
        1875 in Normanby, Queensland
        1889 in Bundaberg, Queensland
        1892 in Waterview, Queensland
        It is good to see that Harry is continuing the tradition!

        wal