Re: [Distillers] Re: anti-foaming agents

  • Thomas Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2007
      I do all corn mashes and after about 2 days ferment there is a lot of corn oil on top of the mash. I'm sure it comes from the oil in the corn and I think that large distiller's would probably recover it and sell it.

      youngblood

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2007
        Ive had corn oil seperate out of the mash and float on top. Some times but not always.

        I just visited Buffalo Trace distillery and they had a heavy layer of corn oil floating on top of the ferment.  -m

        in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
        to find your fit.

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...