Distillation Competition (Update)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 28, 2007

      See msg 38937 for background

      Received a reply from Iberiancopper.  They've changed the rules to include us.
      See below my sig.

      Sooo,  LET'S GET STILLIN', & maybe one of us will get a nice, shiny new still.  :)

      Moderator

      Dear Harry

      Thank you very much for your compliments of our products, it is good
      to know that our work is appreciated. It was by sheer accident that I
      stumbled on your post as we do not visit yahoo distiler groups as
      regularly as we should. We have considered your objection with regard
      to our competition rules and have changed them to include all craft
      distillers regardless of whether they have purchased from us or not,
      those who wish to join need only to register on our site to qualify.
      The only objection we had initially was placing images of
      distillation procedures with equipment that were not our own on our
      site, but we can appreciate the point that you have made with regard
      to excluding the vast majority of home distillers and defeating the
      purpose of this competition.

      You may post part of this message on
      groups if you like.

      Competion Rules:http://www.copper-alembic.com/distilleds.php?
      lang=en&content=distilleds_contest.php

      We very much look forward to hearing from you again.

      Thank you

      José Moreira

      [Mod:  post has been abbreviated]