sugar wash ????????? help

  • njadpco
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2007
      i have been using 15 pounds of sugar and a turbo yeast for my was i
      was wanting to try something different i got a e1118 yeast and was
      wondering how much sugar to put in 5 gallons of water with yeast and
      if there is anything else i need to add?
    • tyler_97355
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 18, 2007
        For a 5 gallon wash, you will want to use a 10lb sack of sugar. If you
        are not using a turbo, you will need to add some nutrients. If you
        want to do it the cheap way, add a small can of tomato paste and some
        crunched up toast. I would highly recommend that you visit
        homedistiller.org . Read it over and over. When you feel like your
        brain is about to explode, keep reading. Its one of the best
        distilling guides out there. Also, is you are just beginning in this
        hobby, I would recommend you check out the "new-distillers" forum.

        -Tyler