Re: Reflux splitter

  • anthony547357
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2007

      Might I just add a minor note to your very useful notes on dividing
      the stream?

      I, too, was intersted in seeing the flow of reflux. I found glass
      tube exceptionally easy to work with and under heat could bend 1/4"
      tube just about wherever I wanted it - a darned sight easier than
      copper tube!

      However, at that stage I didn't have proper needle valves, and I
      would say, that though one can see the signs of flow, they are not
      great. Narrower glass tube would concentrate matters, though I would
      keep to the accuracy of needle valve control.

      The joins to the copper tube were made from ordinary poly tube and
      butt-ended, so the absolute minimum of poly was exposed.

      Tony A