Sillhead Temp Problems

  • charles55me
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      I have have only done two runs with my Nixon/Stone. The first went
      perfectly, sitting on 78.2c with good neutral spirit.
      The second run not so good not being able to get below 80.5c. After
      the first run I made some small changes these were:
      (i) Chopped 8cm of the condensor jacket as it weas too long. this
      worked okay.
      (ii) added furthe insulation to pot lid, column joins.
      (iii) The s/s scrubbers (17), replaced by 14 copper scrubbers & two
      s/s.Survived the blow through test.
      (1v) The wash came to 10cm of the pot lid. The first run it was about
      14cm. Both runs I put a few drops of anti foaming.
      Any ideas as to why the second run didn't go to plan.

      Graeme