Re: Practical Alcoholometer Tables

  • harisaki2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2007

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > > I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!
      > >
      > > I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral
      spirit.

      > > The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
      > > required to determine alc %.
      > >
      > > There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but
      they
      > no
      > > longer seem to be available.
      > >
      > > Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an
      excel
      > > spreadsheet/s??
      > >
      > > Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
      > > Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
      > > regards
      > > Hari.
      > >

      > The correction table on my site is adequate for hobby purposes but
      > not sufficient for industry regulations.
      >
      > The "Practical Alcohol Tables vol 1 & 2" are available from
      several
      > sources...
      >
      > Hardcopy for purchase;
      > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Alcohol-Tables-Vol-
      2/dp/9282501477

      > Downloadable;
      > The International Organization of Legal Metrology
      > http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R022-e75.pdf (~5MB)
      >
      > The tables are accurate to 3 decimal places (eg 90.035% av)
      > Tables 1 & 2 (by temperature) in ANNEX 1 are the ones you need.
      The
      > other tables are for determining percentage via different criteria.
      >
      > This organization also has available the standards for instruments.
      > ALCOHOLOMETERS and ALCOHOL HYDROMETERS
      > and thermometers for use in alcoholometry
      > http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R044-e85.pdf
      >
      > Industry standard instruments (and the Tables) are available here;
      > http://www.stevenson-reeves.co.uk/reeves/Catalogue2006Unpriced.pdf
      > The Volumes 1 & 2 (for purchase) are on page 9 of the catalogue.
      >
      > All of the above are employed worldwide as the metric standard.
      > However in the US, they still work on the old system of
      fahrenheit.
      > Their tables are available from the TTB here;
      > http://www.ttb.gov/foia/Table_1.pdf
      >

      > HTH
      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

      Harry, you are bloody wonderful! Where did you get all this
      information. I thought I had turned the internet upside down, but
      did not find any of these links.
      Hari.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2007
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@...>
        wrote:
        <snip>

        > Harry, you are bloody wonderful! Where did you get all this
        > information. I thought I had turned the internet upside down, but
        > did not find any of these links.
        > Hari.

        An old Master of mine at College had a saying I've never forgotten.

        "You do not need to know all the answers, but you DO need to know
        where to find them."

        I guess I'm just inquisite by nature, but there's a few on here that
        could teach me a thing or two about scrounging (old army term). :)

      • Marc Spain
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 23, 2007
          I was told that the tables that ATF uses is now on PDF form on their
          website. Don't hold me to it, just what I heard.

          >From: "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@...>
          >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Distillers] Practical Alcoholometer Tables
          >Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:13:59 -0000
          >
          >Hi,
          >I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!
          >
          >I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral spirit.
          >
          >The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
          >required to determine alc %.
          >
          >There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but they no
          >longer seem to be available.
          >
          >Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an excel
          >spreadsheet/s??
          >
          >Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
          >Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
          >regards
          >Hari.

          Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as
          fast as 1 year
          http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116