Practical Alcoholometer Tables

  • harisaki2004
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2007
      Hi,
      I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!

      I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral spirit.

      The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
      required to determine alc %.

      There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but they no
      longer seem to be available.

      Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an excel
      spreadsheet/s??

      Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
      Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
      regards
      Hari.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2007
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!
        >
        > I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral spirit.
        >
        > The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
        > required to determine alc %.
        >
        > There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but they
        no
        > longer seem to be available.
        >
        > Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an excel
        > spreadsheet/s??
        >
        > Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
        > Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
        > regards
        > Hari.

        The correction table on my site is adequate for hobby purposes but
        not sufficient for industry regulations.

        The "Practical Alcohol Tables vol 1 & 2" are available from several
        sources...

        Hardcopy for purchase;
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Alcohol-Tables-Vol-2/dp/9282501477

        Downloadable;
        The International Organization of Legal Metrology
        http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R022-e75.pdf (~5MB)

        The tables are accurate to 3 decimal places (eg 90.035% av)
        Tables 1 & 2 (by temperature) in ANNEX 1 are the ones you need. The
        other tables are for determining percentage via different criteria.

        This organization also has available the standards for instruments.
        ALCOHOLOMETERS and ALCOHOL HYDROMETERS
        and thermometers for use in alcoholometry
        http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R044-e85.pdf

        Industry standard instruments (and the Tables) are available here;
        http://www.stevenson-reeves.co.uk/reeves/Catalogue2006Unpriced.pdf
        The Volumes 1 & 2 (for purchase) are on page 9 of the catalogue.

        All of the above are employed worldwide as the metric standard.
        However in the US, they still work on the old system of fahrenheit.
        Their tables are available from the TTB here;
        http://www.ttb.gov/foia/Table_1.pdf

        HTH
      • harisaki2004
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2007

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > > I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!
          > >
          > > I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral
          spirit.

          > > The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
          > > required to determine alc %.
          > >
          > > There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but
          they
          > no
          > > longer seem to be available.
          > >
          > > Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an
          excel
          > > spreadsheet/s??
          > >
          > > Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
          > > Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
          > > regards
          > > Hari.
          > >

          > The correction table on my site is adequate for hobby purposes but
          > not sufficient for industry regulations.
          >
          > The "Practical Alcohol Tables vol 1 & 2" are available from
          several
          > sources...
          >
          > Hardcopy for purchase;
          > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Alcohol-Tables-Vol-
          2/dp/9282501477

          > Downloadable;
          > The International Organization of Legal Metrology
          > http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R022-e75.pdf (~5MB)
          >
          > The tables are accurate to 3 decimal places (eg 90.035% av)
          > Tables 1 & 2 (by temperature) in ANNEX 1 are the ones you need.
          The
          > other tables are for determining percentage via different criteria.
          >
          > This organization also has available the standards for instruments.
          > ALCOHOLOMETERS and ALCOHOL HYDROMETERS
          > and thermometers for use in alcoholometry
          > http://www.oiml.org/publications/R/R044-e85.pdf
          >
          > Industry standard instruments (and the Tables) are available here;
          > http://www.stevenson-reeves.co.uk/reeves/Catalogue2006Unpriced.pdf
          > The Volumes 1 & 2 (for purchase) are on page 9 of the catalogue.
          >
          > All of the above are employed worldwide as the metric standard.
          > However in the US, they still work on the old system of
          fahrenheit.
          > Their tables are available from the TTB here;
          > http://www.ttb.gov/foia/Table_1.pdf
          >

          > HTH
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          Harry, you are bloody wonderful! Where did you get all this
          information. I thought I had turned the internet upside down, but
          did not find any of these links.
          Hari.
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 11, 2007
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@...>
            wrote:
            <snip>

            > Harry, you are bloody wonderful! Where did you get all this
            > information. I thought I had turned the internet upside down, but
            > did not find any of these links.
            > Hari.

            An old Master of mine at College had a saying I've never forgotten.

            "You do not need to know all the answers, but you DO need to know
            where to find them."

            I guess I'm just inquisite by nature, but there's a few on here that
            could teach me a thing or two about scrounging (old army term). :)

          • Marc Spain
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 23, 2007
              I was told that the tables that ATF uses is now on PDF form on their
              website. Don't hold me to it, just what I heard.

              >From: "harisaki2004" <ledaswan02@...>
              >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Distillers] Practical Alcoholometer Tables
              >Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:13:59 -0000
              >
              >Hi,
              >I am wondering if you guys can steer me in the right direction!
              >
              >I am setting up a very small distillery to produce neutral spirit.
              >
              >The Aust. Tax Office requires accurate readings and tables are
              >required to determine alc %.
              >
              >There used to be "Practical Alcohol Tables" vol 1 and 2, but they no
              >longer seem to be available.
              >
              >Does any one have them available ...online? Or what about an excel
              >spreadsheet/s??
              >
              >Harry's page has a table "Correction Table for an Alcholometer
              >Calibrated at 20C, but I dont know if these are the same. Help!
              >regards
              >Hari.

              Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school degrees online - in as
              fast as 1 year
              http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116