Re: [Distillers] Re: column isolation

  • Aad Van Roosmalen
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 4, 2007
      Hai Riku
      I am  suprised bij the amount of power you use, how big is your boiler?  The biggest one I have is 30 liters but I use a gasburner, so I dont know how much that in KW.s.

      The best way to separate the ethyl acetate and methanol is to start with 100% reflux to collect the rubbish in the top of the columnand than get rid of it.
      But we use a I think perfect help, a thermometer we do every thing bij temperature. there is a themometer in every column under the condenser at the point where you collect or reflux.
      As long as the temperatur below the boilingpoint of the rubbish (methanol=64.7 C) you can dump it.
      That is the way, we in our factory, do all the destillations, on temperature and it works for more than 100 years.
      For the price I think it will not be a problem al you have to know are the boilingpoints of the unwanted parts of the wash.
      It help that methanol is worst one but also the one with highest boiling point, so every thing below 64.7C is not what you want.
      I hope you can do anything with this.
      Proost Aad

      Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
      Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 5, 2007
        This might be of some interest!

        Den Nederlandtsen Hovenier (1670)
        http://www.zum.de/stueber/groen/high/IMG_6000.html
        http://www.zum.de/stueber/groen/icon_page_00252.html
        wal

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Aad Van Roosmalen"
        <amc.van.roosmalen@...> wrote:

        > Hoi Every one
        > As soon as I read abouth "the new discovered distilling art" I
        asked our librarian abouth it. But no luck.
        > We had a big fire a few years back and a great part of the library
        went up in smoke or in the used firefighting waters.