Re: Absinthe - has anyone tried making it?

  • goyeast
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2001
      In an earlier post, I wrote that thujone is a suspected toxin.
      Well, it looks like the specific mechanism of its toxicity has been
      discovered. Here's an article that explains the research if anyone
      is interested:

      "Toxin in absinthe makes neurons run wild.(alpha-thujone)(Brief
      Article)" --

      http://www.findarticles.com/cf_0/m1200/14_157/61617774/p1/article.jhtm

      --- In Distillers@y..., Ian Macsween <ianelamacsween@s...> wrote:
      > I'd like to know if the drink that drove artists and poets nuts at
      the turn of the century (not the recent one) is all that it is
      cracked up to be. Does absinthe make the heart grow fonder? Ian