Re: Citrus

  • distiller@mafudesigns.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
      Thanks to eveyone for the help!

      I put the wash on last Wednesday, using 6kg of sugar, the oranges
      juice/peel and added some nutrient as was suggested. I used two
      packs of dried EC 1118 to start it, and it is bubbling away, but very
      slowly - around 1 bubble through the airlock every 3 - 5 seconds.
      (Its in a 25 degree constant temp room, and was airated for an hour
      before I added the yeast).

      I've just been looking around Tony's site, and was reading about how
      much nutrient I should have used - apparently up to 60g for a 25L
      wash? I just followed the instructions on the pack (1/4 tsp per 5L),
      and in hindsight this seems not enough by far, and the instructions I
      assume are for wine?

      What does this mean as far as my wash goes? Would it be going faster
      if I had of added more nutrient? I guess its too late to add more
      nutrient now? Do I just wait it out now? What kind of rate do other
      EC 1118 users find?

      Thanks,

      Matt

      P.S. I found a supplier for Mollasses - so I guess that will be the
      next experiment! Any info in advance would be appreciated!