Re: [Distillers] plastic hose for cndensor coil?

  • king edward potatohead
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2001

      >From: walpole2000@...
      >could i use plastic hose for a condensor coil and would there be any
      >problems with this. The plastic hose i mean is that clear type that u
      >can get from any hardware.

      I have tried it, the tubing goes a worrying sort of opaque frosty white - particularly where the
      hot vapour enters. The end product had a distinct plastic taste to it, which may or may not
      have been due to the tubing - I've noticed some of the nastier commercial rums have that sort
      of off note too.
      If it's avoiding soldering you're after, I've used 10mm micorbore copper tubing and compression
      joints with no problems whatsoever. The coil can be formed by winding the tubing around a
      demijohn without any problems witht the tube kinking.
      Strounge

      A beer.com Beer Mail fanatic
      Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.