Re: [Distillers] Re: Seals, as in "no leaks", not "ark, ark".

  • king edward potatohead
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2001
      >A good temporary seal can be had by moistening a slice of white bread
      >molding it and using it like bread putty to seal those leaks.  No
      >worries about off smells or tastes, etc.  The bread bakes on after a
      >few minutes and forms a good seal.  I doubt it would work for a water
      >leak like around your element, but i would probably work fine on your
      >column.
      >Give it a try! :)
      >Tar

      Similarly I use flour and water paste to seal around the outlet from the pot - the silicone seal
      split ages ago and I never did get round to replacing it. I have got away with using a large ball
      of dough to form a bung for the 1 1/2 inch opening on a large conical flask before now but I
      really wouldn't recommend it.
      Strounge

      Beer Mail, brought to you by your friends at beer.com.