Re: [Distillers] Onion wine recipe

  • donald holcombe
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
      That high a temp will break down the Oils and may change the taste and smell. It will be  worth a try to see what happens.You can sub a 1/2 pint of grape concentrate for raisins. This is a 1 gallon recipe. My recipes all call for boiling the onions and potatoes for 15 Min. I said SG was 1.040 BUT that is the sg when you rack off of the lees.  OG should be higher , Not sure what it was.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hey Everyone

        Just yesterday I was browsing through and came across this PDF file
        named "lord of the rigs". It was an intresting doc on vapour
        management stills.
        But here is the irony. My system crashed and I'v been hunting for the
        doc ever since. Upon searching I found this

        But still no link or doc. Could anyone help me if they have a copy.
        Maybe Harry knows where it is :-).

        And anymore docs on vapour management would be welcome

        Thanks Guys.
        Surya.
      • surya9375
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hey guys.
          I think I posted just a sec too early. I found it at
          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kHCbRbu2r7mqAqACYjm8jd4nbHaeiVbY-c5cRALw6fnxbDeh6q1WypDiE3DfJvc3QXY9Tf4Ni7O_mcmo71-JFgwB4T755w/Vapour%20Still%20Construction.pdf

          Either ways if you guys know any good doc on Vapour management.
          Do let me know. :-)

          Thanks guys.

          Regards
          Surya.
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 3, 2007

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "surya9375" <surya9375@...> wrote:

            > Hey guys.
            > I think I posted just a sec too early. I found it at
            > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kHCbRbu2r7mqAqACYjm8jd4nbHaeiVbY-c5cRALw6fnxbDeh6q1WypDiE3DfJvc3QXY9Tf4Ni7O_mcmo71-JFgwB4T755w/Vapour%20Still%20Construction.pdf
            >
            > Either ways if you guys know any good doc on Vapour management.
            > Do let me know. :-)
            >
            > Thanks guys.
            >
            > Regards
            > Surya.

            Yeah, well that link shits itself also.  Geoff posted it in the files section (where else?).  Try this one...

          • surya9375
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2007
              Hey thanks Harry.
              One more thing. Is it possible that you can make that library printable?

              I mean it does not allow you to print it out. I like paper than
              glaring at a screen all day long. It would be nice. Whenever you ahve
              the time.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 5, 2007
                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "surya9375" <surya9375@...> wrote:

                > Hey thanks Harry.
                > One more thing. Is it possible that you can make that library
                printable?

                > I mean it does not allow you to print it out. I like paper than
                > glaring at a screen all day long. It would be nice. Whenever you ahve
                > the time.
                >
                > Regards
                > Surya.

                Printing is limited to 1 page at a time. Full explanation, see here...

              • surya9375
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2007
                  Read it. Makes sense. :-)
                  I'll get back to reading it on-line.