Re: [Distillers] Re: malt needed with molasses wash?

  • John Wheeler
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 21, 2006
      Thanks Ian,

      I've been running an airstone through my latest batch on and off for the last week or so with the oak in, at about 55%.  It's working pretty well (no banana!) so that's definitely the right track.  It's a bit heavier than the bacardi I'm using as a comparison but that's quite fine by me.

      --John

      On 12/18/06, Ian Kent <kegscruiser@...> wrote:

      Hi John,

      I store mine in sealed glass jars and just filtered some last night
      after 5 weeks of aging @ 55%ABV.
      I've tried both sealed and 'uncorked' but after a few weeks I couldn't
      really tell the difference.

      Ian...