Still spirits Power 23 turbo yeast

  • KM Services
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006

      Harry and other Knowledgeable ones,

      Just been to the local brew shop and picked up a new turbo from still spirits called power 23 which has an activated carbon sachet attached and it is stated will product 23%ABV…I know it is a point of debate ,but do like the idea of carbon in then wash ( but needs turbo clear because if you boil the wash with carbon you release the crap back) .

      Looks all good and will give it a burst. The instructions say 10.4kg of Dextrose will produce 23ABV and 9kg will produce 20.5kg. This looks an exiting product and wonder if any others have given it a go. Feed back would be good …would I be able to lift the sugar (sucrose) weight and the yeast cope are there any dextrose/sucrose tables posted anywhere?. Any comments appreciated

      Cheers and compliments of the season from the South Pacific
      Ken Mc

    • Ian Kent
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2006
        Ken,

        I haven't tried that particular brand but some of us did beta test an
        Alcotech 23% product earlier this year.
        In my case I got 21%ABV using dextrose and yes you do need to use
        Turbo Klar to drop the carbon.

        Personally I think it's better economy to use 48hour turbo and get
        18%ABV without the expense of the carbon or Turbo Klar.

        Ian...

        On 12/8/06, KM Services <km_services@...> wrote:

        > Harry and other Knowledgeable ones,
        >

        > Just been to the local brew shop and picked up a new turbo from still spirits called power 23 which has an activated carbon sachet attached and it is stated will product 23%ABV…I know it is a point of debate ,but do like the idea of carbon in then wash ( but needs turbo clear because if you boil the wash with carbon you release the crap back) .
        >
        > Looks all good and will give it a burst. The instructions say 10.4kg of Dextrose will produce 23ABV and 9kg will produce 20.5kg. This looks an exiting product and wonder if any others have given it a go. Feed back would be good …would I be able to lift the sugar (sucrose) weight and the yeast cope are there any dextrose/sucrose tables posted anywhere?. Any comments appreciated
        >

        > Cheers and compliments of the season from the South Pacific
        > Ken Mc
      • KM Services