Re: Modern Marvels distilling doc.

  • jydawg488
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@...> wrote:

      > The original modern marvels distillation episode has been posted on
      > youtube.com. It has been broken up into 5 videos. Beats paying $25
      for
      > the dvd.
      >
      > -Tyler
      >

      > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Brian B." <brianlives@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Evening all,
      > > I've just downloaded and watched a documentary about
      distilling
      > that's part of a US tv series called Modern Marvels. Has anyone
      else
      > here seen it and have any comments ? It covered a lot of ground in
      45
      > minutes but showed some impressive looking commercial stills, the
      > making of absinthe and moonshine (complete with "ex" moonshiners !)
      > and generally avoided the idea that badly distilled spirits would
      make
      > you go blind or dead.
      > > I've no idea whether any cable channels outside the USA have
      > syndicated this, but it's worth seeing if you get the chance. If
      > anyone wants a copy of it to watch on their PC I'll happily run off
      > copy. My DVD writer is a bit dodgy at the moment and until I get a
      > new one I can't make copies that will play on a stand alone DVD
      player.

      > > Cheers,
      > > Brian B.

      Brian,
      I'd like to get a copy of that DVD !! What you want $$ for a copy ?
      I can be emailed at jydawg488@...

      Thanks !

    • bronzpilot1
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
        Yeah love to have a look at it, sounds interesting. Send it on please.
        How big is the file?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "jydawg488" <jydawg488@...> wrote:

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The original modern marvels distillation episode has been posted on
        > > youtube.com. It has been broken up into 5 videos. Beats paying $25
        > for
        > > the dvd.
        > >
        > > -Tyler
        > >

        > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Brian B." <brianlives@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Evening all,
        > > > I've just downloaded and watched a documentary about
        > distilling
        > > that's part of a US tv series called Modern Marvels. Has anyone
        > else
        > > here seen it and have any comments ? It covered a lot of ground in
        > 45
        > > minutes but showed some impressive looking commercial stills, the
        > > making of absinthe and moonshine (complete with "ex" moonshiners !)
        > > and generally avoided the idea that badly distilled spirits would
        > make
        > > you go blind or dead.
        > > > I've no idea whether any cable channels outside the USA have
        > > syndicated this, but it's worth seeing if you get the chance. If
        > > anyone wants a copy of it to watch on their PC I'll happily run off
        > > copy. My DVD writer is a bit dodgy at the moment and until I get a
        > > new one I can't make copies that will play on a stand alone DVD
        > player.
        > > >
        > > > Cheers,
        > > > Brian B.
        > > >

        > Brian,
        > I'd like to get a copy of that DVD !! What you want $$ for a copy ?
        > I can be emailed at jydawg488@...
        >
        > Thanks !

      • John Wheeler
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
          They actually have two episodes.  Darn getting that tivo without a dvd burner!

          I thought the episode was pretty cool, I've got both saved, along with the brewing episode as well.

          cheers!

          --Rio

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "John Wheeler" <riodutchie@...>
            wrote:

            > They actually have two episodes. Darn getting that tivo without a
            dvd
            > burner!
            >
            > I thought the episode was pretty cool, I've got both saved, along
            with the
            > brewing episode as well.
            >
            > cheers!
            >
            > --Rio

            They've got one on the Green Fairy too (Absinthe, 10 minutes)
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqW1IgSKmI

          • PAUL LUDASHER
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              How about an ".avi" file? Plays on most any Windows
              based computer?
            • Trid
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:
                > They've got one on the Green Fairy too (Absinthe, 10 minutes)
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqW1IgSKmI

                That's the last segment of Distilleries Part two from Modern Marvels.
                If anybody's interested in spending the *cough* $25 USD *cough* on the official
                DVD, you can find both eipsodes here:
                part 1 - http://tinyurl.com/y7e4eg
                part 2 - http://tinyurl.com/y2xdqe

                If I plan on making a pitch to a local brewpub to possibly put in a micro
                distillery, it would be a minor investment. To watch it once or twice...I'm ok
                with youtube.

                Trid