Small town politics

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
      Hi Guys,
      I saw this guys and thought you would appreciate it. Its just a
      smaller version of what happens behind the facade of so called
      governments respectability.

      Subject: Lawyer vs. Grandma

      Lawyers should never ask a Southern grandma a question if they
      aren't prepared for the answer.
      In a trial, in a Southern mall-town, the prosecuting attorney
      called his first witness, a grandmotherly, elderly woman to the
      stand.
      He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Jones, do you know me?"
      She responded,
      "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Williams I've known you since you
      were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to
      me. You lie, you cheat on your wife, and you manipulate people and
      talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when
      you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything
      more than a two-bit paper pusher. Yes, I know you."
      The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed
      across the room and asked,
      "Mrs. Jones, do you know the defence attorney?"
      She again replied,
      "Why, yes, I do. I've known Mr. Bradley since he was a
      youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He
      can't build a normal relationship with anyone and frankly his law
      practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention he
      cheated on his wife with three different women. One of them was your
      wife. Yes, I know him."
      The defence attorney almost died. The judge asked both
      counsellors to approach the bench, and in a very quiet voice, said,
      "If either of you bastards asks her if she knows me, I'll throw
      your sorry asses in jail for contempt.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
        This is OT, so feel free to ignore. But it 'may' be a heads-up for
        some.

        Hi Geoff,
        You know that High Clogher/Sligo Irish turf you sent 29 July?
        Well I just received a communique from the Sydney Quarantine mob
        (yes, date 30 NOV, no less!)

        It states:

        ITEMS IN QUARANTINE - Peat
        DESCRIPTION - Peat containing plant material

        The item(s) listed above were inspected at Sydney Parcel Centre on
        30/11/2006. An Authorised Quarantine Officer has determined that,
        in accordance with sub-section 68(3) of the Quarantine Act 1908, the
        items will be seized and destroyed, or otherwise disposed of in any
        way that the Director of Quarantine thinks appropriate, unless the
        items are exported from Australia within 30 days from the date of
        this notice.

        By completing the attached Payment Notice and returning it to AQIS
        with your payment ($42.50), you can arrange for AQIS to:
        Return these items to the sender.

        If you do not comply with the requirements of this notice within 30
        days (from the date of this notice), or if you advise us within that
        period that you do not wish to export these items, the items will be
        seized and destroyed by AQIS.
        ------------------------------------

        My Comment:
        Do they REALLY think I'm gonna give them $42.50 to get NOTHING in
        return? Not bloody likely! Shove it where the sun don't shine!

        Geoff, seems out border watchdogs still live in the dark ages (1908
        statute???!!). Many Thanks for trying, but it looks like I'll have
        to stick to the homegrown peat from Northern NSW.

      • subsonic40grain
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2006
          LOL - Harry I just gotta post on this!

          Me and a few other stillers post stuff and forever wonder about
          descriptions! Z Bob is good at em ;-P I like ' urine samples' Who
          is gonna drink them? My peat got to the US ok? Mebbe it was
          the, 'dried hunting dog turd for parasitic worm examination' that
          did it. LOL

          I digress - A mate of mine emigrated in July this year to OZ. He
          also flew out his two dogs and shipped a crate of stuff. Customs
          impounded his crate of stuff as they found his 'dog clippers' that
          were 'contaminated' with 'dog hair'. So he goes along to see
          customs and they say it is $300 oz dollars to destroy the clippers
          or $600 to clean and return them to him.

          He stands there with his two hairy dogs....

          Says to the customs guys, 'hey man, ma dogs are here and they ain't
          shaved bald!'. But nah, they wouldn't listen so he paid the $300 to
          destroy and left it.

          They never found all the fluff in his Hoover mind!

          Drop me your address off line Harry - I reckon I can post you a
          pound of good ole Irish dog turd :))

          Subsonic.

          P.S Doing A Zymurgybob Friday 'gettin intimate' ;-@ NOT!!! - with a
          fellow stiller. Mr T is Flying half round the world and is nearby
          so we are gonna hook up for a dinner and try a few, may post results
          Monday if we are 'still' alive ;-@

          > This is OT, so feel free to ignore. But it 'may' be a heads-up
          for
          > some.
          >
          > Hi Geoff,
          > You know that High Clogher/Sligo Irish turf you sent 29 July?
          > Well I just received a communique from the Sydney Quarantine mob
          > (yes, date 30 NOV, no less!)
          >
          > It states:
          >
          > ITEMS IN QUARANTINE - Peat
          > DESCRIPTION - Peat containing plant material
          >
          > The item(s) listed above were inspected at Sydney Parcel Centre on
          > 30/11/2006. An Authorised Quarantine Officer has determined that,
          > in accordance with sub-section 68(3) of the Quarantine Act 1908,
          the
          > items will be seized and destroyed, or otherwise disposed of in
          any
          > way that the Director of Quarantine thinks appropriate, unless the
          > items are exported from Australia within 30 days from the date of
          > this notice.
          >
          > By completing the attached Payment Notice and returning it to AQIS
          > with your payment ($42.50), you can arrange for AQIS to:
          > Return these items to the sender.
          >
          > If you do not comply with the requirements of this notice within
          30
          > days (from the date of this notice), or if you advise us within
          that
          > period that you do not wish to export these items, the items will
          be
          > seized and destroyed by AQIS.
          > ------------------------------------
          >

          > My Comment:
          > Do they REALLY think I'm gonna give them $42.50 to get NOTHING in
          > return? Not bloody likely! Shove it where the sun don't shine!
          >
          > Geoff, seems out border watchdogs still live in the dark ages
          (1908
          > statute???!!). Many Thanks for trying, but it looks like I'll
          have
          > to stick to the homegrown peat from Northern NSW.
          >
          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • Robert Hubble
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 6, 2006
            Hey Subsonic,

            I'm sure happy that you and I have modern, forward-thinking customs laws.
            Not that I've actually used the peat I got from you to make any essence of
            peatreek yet, but I REALLY REALLY plan to do it soon.

            I'll be dipped - I always figured Oz was more sensible than the US.

            Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

            >From: "Harry" <gnikomson2000@...>
            >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Distillers] Re: Small town politics
            >Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:37:36 -0000
            >
            >This is OT, so feel free to ignore. But it 'may' be a heads-up for
            >some.
            >
            >Hi Geoff,
            >You know that High Clogher/Sligo Irish turf you sent 29 July?
            >Well I just received a communique from the Sydney Quarantine mob
            >(yes, date 30 NOV, no less!)
            >
            >It states:
            >
            >ITEMS IN QUARANTINE - Peat
            >DESCRIPTION - Peat containing plant material
            >
            >The item(s) listed above were inspected at Sydney Parcel Centre on
            >30/11/2006. An Authorised Quarantine Officer has determined that,
            >in accordance with sub-section 68(3) of the Quarantine Act 1908, the
            >items will be seized and destroyed, or otherwise disposed of in any
            >way that the Director of Quarantine thinks appropriate, unless the
            >items are exported from Australia within 30 days from the date of
            >this notice.
            >
            >By completing the attached Payment Notice and returning it to AQIS
            >with your payment ($42.50), you can arrange for AQIS to:
            >Return these items to the sender.
            >
            >If you do not comply with the requirements of this notice within 30
            >days (from the date of this notice), or if you advise us within that
            >period that you do not wish to export these items, the items will be
            >seized and destroyed by AQIS.
            >------------------------------------
            >

            >My Comment:
            >Do they REALLY think I'm gonna give them $42.50 to get NOTHING in
            >return? Not bloody likely! Shove it where the sun don't shine!
            >
            >Geoff, seems out border watchdogs still live in the dark ages (1908
            >statute???!!). Many Thanks for trying, but it looks like I'll have
            >to stick to the homegrown peat from Northern NSW.
            >
            >Slainte!
            >regards Harry

            View Athlete�s Collections with Live Search
            http://sportmaps.live.com/index.html?source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=MGAC01