Re: [Distillers] Re: BBC E-mail: 'People's vodka' urged for Russia

  • Ian
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs then have a few rums!.

      $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,

      more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab!  haha..  jokes!

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
        The same in europe, it's cheaper or roughly the same price to get
        amphetamine or hashis. Let me see, kid gets home and smells of
        alcohol -> trouble. No smell, just high on drugs -> no trouble and
        cheaper. I think things have gotten out of controll and proportion.
        Let's give them reasonably priced ethanol instead I say.

        Cheers, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

        > over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs
        then have a few rums!.

        > $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,
        >
        > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!

        Russia

        > I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I
        wonder
        > what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka?
        Where
        > i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
        > $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast
        food
        > place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than
        an
        > hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of
        cheap
        > vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.
        >
        > -Tyler
        >
        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@> wrote:
        > >
        > > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
        > > should see it.
        > >
        > > ** Message **
        > > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
        > >
        > > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
        > > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
        > reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
        > > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
        > >

        > > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
        > > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want
        them,
        > all
        > > in one daily e-mail
        > > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
        > >

        > > ** Disclaimer **
        > > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
        > anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
        > BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail
        address
        > nor name of the sender have been verified.
        > >
        > > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or
        want to
        > know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
        > frequently asked questions.
        > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

        11/30/2006

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
          Nah - I still make more money from the
          speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
          setup in the laundry than I do from the
          still in the shed.

          But you have to have the setup in the
          shed just for the customers.

          They are getting more demanding and want
          a one stop shop for all there needs :P

          (I hope people realise this is a joke)

          andrewm

          > Ian wrote:
          > <snip>
          > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
          >

          >> Tyler wrote:
          >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
          >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
          >> is about the same price for a value meal
          >> at a fast food place.
          >> <snip>

          >>> someone else wrote:
          >>> <snip about peoples vodka>
        • John Wheeler
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
            Heh,

            It's hard enough telling people that you do trust.  Part of the issue that I've run into is that a lot of folks don't realize that it's not precisely 'allowed'.  So, they bring it up in public conversations...  That tends to lead to (for me) a few uncomfortable silent moments....  It's not like someone'll ask you how your pot plants are growing in a public setting.

            --Rio

            On 12/1/06, Andrew <andrewm1973@...> wrote:

            Nah - I still make more money from the
            speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
            setup in the laundry than I do from the
            still in the shed.

            But you have to have the setup in the
            shed just for the customers.

            They are getting more demanding and want
            a one stop shop for all there needs :P

            (I hope people realise this is a joke)

            andrewm

            > Ian wrote:
            > <snip>
            > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
            >

            >> Tyler wrote:
            >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
            >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
            >> is about the same price for a value meal
            >> at a fast food place.
            >> <snip>

            >>> someone else wrote:
            >>> <snip about peoples vodka>

          • tyler_97355
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
              That all depends on where you live. In my city, people look at me like
              i'm some kind of idiot when i tell them that i have never tried pot or
              meth or any other illegal drugs. Then again, my town is made up of
              80% white trash and tweekers. God i need to move.

              As far la liquor prices go, The good stuff here is $20 and up, What i
              was refering to in my previous post was the nasty mass produced stuff
              that tastes and smells like paint thinner ($6.50). Once again, i would
              like to point out that i worry more about paying my bills than getting
              drunk. Personally, if i don't know the person making the moonshine, or
              at least trust them, i won't drink it. My moonshine might not be top
              shelf, but at least it doesn't taste like paint thinner.

              -Tyler