Re: BBC E-mail: 'People's vodka' urged for Russia

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2006
      I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I wonder
      what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka? Where
      i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
      $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast food
      place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than an
      hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of cheap
      vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.

      -Tyler

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@...> wrote:

      > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
      > should see it.
      >
      > ** Message **
      > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
      >
      > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
      > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
      reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
      > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
      >

      > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them,
      all
      > in one daily e-mail
      > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
      >

      > ** Disclaimer **
      > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
      anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
      BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address
      nor name of the sender haveĀ been verified.

      > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to
      know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
      frequently asked questions.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

    • Ian
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
        over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs then have a few rums!.

        $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,

        more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab!  haha..  jokes!

        I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I wonder
        what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka? Where
        i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
        $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast food
        place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than an
        hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of cheap
        vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.

        -Tyler

        --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, wal <waljaco@... > wrote:

        > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
        > should see it.
        >
        > ** Message **
        > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
        >
        > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
        > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
        reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
        > < http://news. bbc.co.uk/ go/em/fr/ -/2/hi/europe/ 6157015.stm >
        >

        > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
        > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them,
        all
        > in one daily e-mail
        > < http://www.bbc. co.uk/email >
        >

        > ** Disclaimer **
        > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
        anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
        BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address
        nor name of the sender have been verified.

        > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to
        know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
        frequently asked questions.
        http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/help/ 4162471.stm

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      • abbababbaccc
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
          The same in europe, it's cheaper or roughly the same price to get
          amphetamine or hashis. Let me see, kid gets home and smells of
          alcohol -> trouble. No smell, just high on drugs -> no trouble and
          cheaper. I think things have gotten out of controll and proportion.
          Let's give them reasonably priced ethanol instead I say.

          Cheers, Riku

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

          > over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs
          then have a few rums!.

          > $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,
          >
          > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!

          Russia

          > I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I
          wonder
          > what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka?
          Where
          > i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
          > $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast
          food
          > place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than
          an
          > hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of
          cheap
          > vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.
          >
          > -Tyler
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@> wrote:
          > >
          > > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
          > > should see it.
          > >
          > > ** Message **
          > > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
          > >
          > > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
          > > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
          > reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
          > > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
          > >

          > > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
          > > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want
          them,
          > all
          > > in one daily e-mail
          > > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
          > >

          > > ** Disclaimer **
          > > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
          > anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
          > BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail
          address
          > nor name of the sender have been verified.
          > >
          > > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or
          want to
          > know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
          > frequently asked questions.
          > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

          11/30/2006

        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
            Nah - I still make more money from the
            speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
            setup in the laundry than I do from the
            still in the shed.

            But you have to have the setup in the
            shed just for the customers.

            They are getting more demanding and want
            a one stop shop for all there needs :P

            (I hope people realise this is a joke)

            andrewm

            > Ian wrote:
            > <snip>
            > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
            >

            >> Tyler wrote:
            >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
            >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
            >> is about the same price for a value meal
            >> at a fast food place.
            >> <snip>

            >>> someone else wrote:
            >>> <snip about peoples vodka>
          • John Wheeler
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
              Heh,

              It's hard enough telling people that you do trust.  Part of the issue that I've run into is that a lot of folks don't realize that it's not precisely 'allowed'.  So, they bring it up in public conversations...  That tends to lead to (for me) a few uncomfortable silent moments....  It's not like someone'll ask you how your pot plants are growing in a public setting.

              --Rio

              On 12/1/06, Andrew <andrewm1973@...> wrote:

              Nah - I still make more money from the
              speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
              setup in the laundry than I do from the
              still in the shed.

              But you have to have the setup in the
              shed just for the customers.

              They are getting more demanding and want
              a one stop shop for all there needs :P

              (I hope people realise this is a joke)

              andrewm

              > Ian wrote:
              > <snip>
              > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
              >

              >> Tyler wrote:
              >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
              >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
              >> is about the same price for a value meal
              >> at a fast food place.
              >> <snip>

              >>> someone else wrote:
              >>> <snip about peoples vodka>

            • tyler_97355
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
                That all depends on where you live. In my city, people look at me like
                i'm some kind of idiot when i tell them that i have never tried pot or
                meth or any other illegal drugs. Then again, my town is made up of
                80% white trash and tweekers. God i need to move.

                As far la liquor prices go, The good stuff here is $20 and up, What i
                was refering to in my previous post was the nasty mass produced stuff
                that tastes and smells like paint thinner ($6.50). Once again, i would
                like to point out that i worry more about paying my bills than getting
                drunk. Personally, if i don't know the person making the moonshine, or
                at least trust them, i won't drink it. My moonshine might not be top
                shelf, but at least it doesn't taste like paint thinner.

                -Tyler