BBC E-mail: 'People's vodka' urged for Russia

  • wal
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2006
      wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
      should see it.

      ** Message **
      Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.

      ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
      Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
      < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >

      ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
      in one daily e-mail
      < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >

      ** Disclaimer **
      The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender haveĀ been verified.

      If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our frequently asked questions. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm
    • tyler_97355
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2006
        I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I wonder
        what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka? Where
        i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
        $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast food
        place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than an
        hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of cheap
        vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.

        -Tyler

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@...> wrote:

        > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
        > should see it.
        >
        > ** Message **
        > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
        >
        > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
        > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
        reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
        > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
        >

        > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
        > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them,
        all
        > in one daily e-mail
        > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
        >

        > ** Disclaimer **
        > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
        anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
        BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address
        nor name of the sender haveĀ been verified.

        > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to
        know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
        frequently asked questions.
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

      • Ian
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
          over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs then have a few rums!.

          $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,

          more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab!  haha..  jokes!

          I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I wonder
          what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka? Where
          i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
          $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast food
          place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than an
          hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of cheap
          vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.

          -Tyler

          --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, wal <waljaco@... > wrote:

          > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
          > should see it.
          >
          > ** Message **
          > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
          >
          > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
          > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
          reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
          > < http://news. bbc.co.uk/ go/em/fr/ -/2/hi/europe/ 6157015.stm >
          >

          > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
          > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them,
          all
          > in one daily e-mail
          > < http://www.bbc. co.uk/email >
          >

          > ** Disclaimer **
          > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
          anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
          BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address
          nor name of the sender have been verified.

          > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to
          know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
          frequently asked questions.
          http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/help/ 4162471.stm

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • abbababbaccc
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
            The same in europe, it's cheaper or roughly the same price to get
            amphetamine or hashis. Let me see, kid gets home and smells of
            alcohol -> trouble. No smell, just high on drugs -> no trouble and
            cheaper. I think things have gotten out of controll and proportion.
            Let's give them reasonably priced ethanol instead I say.

            Cheers, Riku

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Ian" <ian@...> wrote:

            > over here in austral aliah! its cheaper too be whacked up on drugs
            then have a few rums!.

            > $20-25 is normal price for a fairly baseline sprit,
            >
            > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!

            Russia

            > I found that article to be very interesting, and disturbing. I
            wonder
            > what the cost comparison would be here for a bottle of vodka?
            Where
            > i'm at, i can go down to the store and get a bottle of vodka for
            > $6.50. That is about the same price for a value meal at a fast
            food
            > place. A bum on a street corner can make that much in less than
            an
            > hour. The way i see it, if you can't afford to by a bottle of
            cheap
            > vodka, you have bigger problems to worry about.
            >
            > -Tyler
            >
            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, wal <waljaco@> wrote:
            > >
            > > wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
            > > should see it.
            > >
            > > ** Message **
            > > Legal samogon (home distilling) would be a safe alternative.
            > >
            > > ** 'People's vodka' urged for Russia **
            > > Russia's MPs are urged to consider a cheap "people's vodka" to
            > reduce high death tolls caused by fake alcohol.
            > > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/europe/6157015.stm >
            > >

            > > ** BBC Daily E-mail **
            > > Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want
            them,
            > all
            > > in one daily e-mail
            > > < http://www.bbc.co.uk/email >
            > >

            > > ** Disclaimer **
            > > The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and
            > anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the
            > BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail
            address
            > nor name of the sender have been verified.
            > >
            > > If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or
            want to
            > know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our
            > frequently asked questions.
            > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/4162471.stm

            11/30/2006

          • Andrew
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
              Nah - I still make more money from the
              speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
              setup in the laundry than I do from the
              still in the shed.

              But you have to have the setup in the
              shed just for the customers.

              They are getting more demanding and want
              a one stop shop for all there needs :P

              (I hope people realise this is a joke)

              andrewm

              > Ian wrote:
              > <snip>
              > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
              >

              >> Tyler wrote:
              >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
              >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
              >> is about the same price for a value meal
              >> at a fast food place.
              >> <snip>

              >>> someone else wrote:
              >>> <snip about peoples vodka>
            • John Wheeler
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
                Heh,

                It's hard enough telling people that you do trust.  Part of the issue that I've run into is that a lot of folks don't realize that it's not precisely 'allowed'.  So, they bring it up in public conversations...  That tends to lead to (for me) a few uncomfortable silent moments....  It's not like someone'll ask you how your pot plants are growing in a public setting.

                --Rio

                On 12/1/06, Andrew <andrewm1973@...> wrote:

                Nah - I still make more money from the
                speed lab in the bathroom and the hydro
                setup in the laundry than I do from the
                still in the shed.

                But you have to have the setup in the
                shed just for the customers.

                They are getting more demanding and want
                a one stop shop for all there needs :P

                (I hope people realise this is a joke)

                andrewm

                > Ian wrote:
                > <snip>
                > more profitable too own a 20l still then a drug lab! haha.. jokes!
                >

                >> Tyler wrote:
                >> Where i'm at, i can go down to the store
                >> and get a bottle of vodka for $6.50. That
                >> is about the same price for a value meal
                >> at a fast food place.
                >> <snip>

                >>> someone else wrote:
                >>> <snip about peoples vodka>

              • tyler_97355
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
                  That all depends on where you live. In my city, people look at me like
                  i'm some kind of idiot when i tell them that i have never tried pot or
                  meth or any other illegal drugs. Then again, my town is made up of
                  80% white trash and tweekers. God i need to move.

                  As far la liquor prices go, The good stuff here is $20 and up, What i
                  was refering to in my previous post was the nasty mass produced stuff
                  that tastes and smells like paint thinner ($6.50). Once again, i would
                  like to point out that i worry more about paying my bills than getting
                  drunk. Personally, if i don't know the person making the moonshine, or
                  at least trust them, i won't drink it. My moonshine might not be top
                  shelf, but at least it doesn't taste like paint thinner.

                  -Tyler