Re: Bel Fresh Cream Maker - Mike McCaw

  • gff_stwrt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mwmccaw"
      <mwmccaw@...> wrote:

      > I've never used the BEL to make cream; I have
      used it to make several cream liqueurs,
      including two or three Bailey's clones. Harry's
      recipe (message 32360) was one of the better
      ones, but be careful with the cocoanut extract -
      some of them are more concentrated than others.

      > I just mixed all the ingredients briefly in
      a blender, then processed the mix through the
      BEL. It took about ten minutes to do a liter.
      The processed liqueur never separated.

      > Cheers,
      > Mike McCaw

      Hi, Mike; hi folks,

      Shows how rigid some of us old blokes can
      be in our thinking, does'nt it? ! I hadn't
      thought of using the machine to blend all the
      ingredients of the liqueur, I hadn't got past
      producing the cream.
      So since we whip the cream for our other
      purposes anyway, I would probably do as you
      say, Mike: briefly mix the whipped cream and
      the other ingredients in a blender then, at
      the end of our cream production run and
      before we would normally wash our machine,
      run all the ingredients of the liqueur
      through it. Should be good. Thanks.

      Regards

      The Baker