Re: Hot Wash question to derek

  • kirtgk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2006
      The problem with temperature rise is that it may rise outside of the
      range of your yeast thus killing it or affecting its growth rate.
      With sugar washes this is not a problem. I may 54litre sugar washes
      on a regular basis and they always ferment out to completion.

      may i ask what yeast and the quanity of it you were using.
      id actually like to duplicate your 54 liter sugar wash if you have the
      time to post it or email it to me with dirrections.
      i know how to make up fermentations and i have done many, im just
      asking for your method, mesurements, ingredients, and temps, so that
      i may make a 54 litre wash and get it to ferment out also.

      what do you use for a fermenting vessel?

      thank you in advance for the information

      chillin and stillin
      kirtgk