Re: Filtering

  • kirtgk
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 17, 2006
      i used 1.25 inch copper pipe around 5 feet long and soldered a cap on
      the bottom of it. then soldered a 45 degree elbow to the plate and
      placed a compression ball valve onto the elbow.
      close the valve and fill the tube with carbon and then fill with
      spirits. hang the tube and put a collection bottel under that ball
      valve. in the bottle place a large funnel and put one coffee filter in
      the funnel. open the valve to the desired filtering speed and let drip
      into the funnel and the coffee filter removes all of the carbon dust.
      it ends up as clear as before you put it in the filter in the first place.

      chillin and stillin
      kirtgk

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "i_brew_spirits"