Re: More marketing BS

  • tyler_97355
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
      Like the title says, its just a marketing ploy. Since diamonds are
      not porous, it has the same effect as filtering your vodka throught
      broken glass. Nothing happens! Same type of marketing ploy that is
      utilized by Bendistillery for their "Lava filtered" Crater Lake
      Vodka. Unless it is a product specifically designed for removing
      impurities (adsorbtion, did i get that right?) , like activated
      carbon, it will not do anything to your finished product.

      -Tyler

      ______________
      > (http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/)

    • Robert Thomas
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
        LOL,
        I have one nearly ready:
        filtered and purified in a totally natural way, producing a smoothe
        amber liquid at just the right temperature to be fully absorbed by the
        body!
        taking the piss or what!
        cheers
        Rob.

        --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

        > TransBorder Marketing, Inc. Launches the World's Most Expensive Vodka
        > Filtered with Actual Cut Diamonds
        >
        > http://sev.prnewswire.com/beer-wine-spirits/20060208/NYW03908022006-
        > 1.html
        >
        > or TinyURL http://tinyurl.com/yc93qt
        >

        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

        Cheers,
        Rob.

        (http://www.yahoo.com/preview)
      • burrows206
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi Tyler,
          I could say I filter my poteen over my gold leprechaun droppings
          and I now pee champagne and bottle it. But what sort of idiot or as
          they say here, gobsh*t is gonna believe that BS, and if they do and
          are that gullible. I'll make it and sell it to them at a £100 a
          bottle and give you all a cut
          Geoff

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@...> wrote:

          > Like the title says, its just a marketing ploy. Since diamonds are
          > not porous, it has the same effect as filtering your vodka throught
          > broken glass. Nothing happens! Same type of marketing ploy that is
          > utilized by Bendistillery for their "Lava filtered" Crater Lake
          > Vodka. Unless it is a product specifically designed for removing
          > impurities (adsorbtion, did i get that right?) , like activated
          > carbon, it will not do anything to your finished product.
          >
          > -Tyler
          >

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@> wrote:
          > >

          > > Q & A please..
          > >
          > > Since, as I understand, diamonds are not porous how
          > > will the refinement of vodka be improved?
          > > Diamond dust would not seem to work either.
          > >
          > > I wonder if they would send some samples to try with
          > > my vodka. My wife might actually take a liking to my
          > > hobby.
          > >
          > > Link
          > >

          > > --- Harry <gnikomson2000@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > TransBorder Marketing, Inc. Launches the World's
          > > > Most Expensive Vodka
          > > > Filtered with Actual Cut Diamonds
          > > >

          > > http://sev.prnewswire.com/beer-wine-
          spirits/20060208/NYW03908022006-
          > > > 1.html
          > > >
          > > > or TinyURL http://tinyurl.com/yc93qt
          > > >

          > > > Slainte!
          > > > regards Harry

          > ______________
          > > (http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/)

        • Peggy
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
            Maybe it is really a way to clean diamonds and recycle the slurry. I
            volunteer to recycle the filters.

            Peggy

            I could say I filter my poteen over my gold leprechaun droppings
            and I now pee champagne and bottle it. But what sort of idiot or as
            they say here, gobsh*t is gonna believe that BS, and if they do and
            are that gullible. I'll make it and sell it to them at a £100 a
            bottle and give you all a cut
            Geoff

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@...> wrote:

            > Like the title says, its just a marketing ploy. Since diamonds are
            > not porous, it has the same effect as filtering your vodka throught
            > broken glass. Nothing happens! Same type of marketing ploy that is
            > utilized by Bendistillery for their "Lava filtered" Crater Lake
            > Vodka. Unless it is a product specifically designed for removing
            > impurities (adsorbtion, did i get that right?) , like activated
            > carbon, it will not do anything to your finished product.
            >
            > -Tyler
            >

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Q & A please..
            > >
            > > Since, as I understand, diamonds are not porous how
            > > will the refinement of vodka be improved?
            > > Diamond dust would not seem to work either.
            > >
            > > I wonder if they would send some samples to try with
            > > my vodka. My wife might actually take a liking to my
            > > hobby.
            > >
            > > Link
            > >

            > > --- Harry <gnikomson2000@> wrote:
            > >
            > > > TransBorder Marketing, Inc. Launches the World's
            > > > Most Expensive Vodka
            > > > Filtered with Actual Cut Diamonds
            > > >

            > > http://sev.prnewswire.com/beer-wine-
            spirits/20060208/NYW03908022006-
            > > > 1.html
            > > >
            > > > or TinyURL http://tinyurl.com/yc93qt
            > > >

            > > > Slainte!
            > > > regards Harry

            > > (http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/)

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Ian
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2006
              ha-ha,..

              I reckon its a tax Wright off,
              "we need 4 billion $$ worth of 'filters' too make this vodka"

              the filters last one year before I personally dispose of them my self!!..