Re: [Distillers] BBC E-mail: Siberia ravaged by bootleg vodka

  • joe giffen
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hi Wal,
      Its very annoying for us distillers to read this innaccurate reporting.It,s not tainted vodka, in fact it,s not vodka at all. The majority of people who drink this crap know full well that it is not vodka, in fact there is a long history of drinking anti freeze, industrial spirit and believe it or not fire lighter in the former ussr. Of course our politicians who get high building the nanny state will take every opportunity to interfere in our lives in the name of health and safety. I would think that the causualties from this latest so called epidemic are normal for russia the only difference is that with the collapse of the ussr it is now reported in the media. Let,s hope this story fades and leaves us in peace to pursue our hobby of trying to produce the most potable and pure distillations.

      wal <waljaco@...> wrote:
      wal saw this story on the BBC News website and thought you
      should see it.

      ** Message **
      Ethanol substitutes

      ** Siberia ravaged by bootleg vodka **
      Fourteen Siberian towns declare a state of emergency over mass poisonings caused by tainted vodka.
      < http://news. bbc.co.uk/ go/em/fr/ -/2/hi/europe/ 6099906.stm >

      ** BBC Daily E-mail **
      Choose the news and sport headlines you want - when you want them, all
      in one daily e-mail
      < http://www.bbc. co.uk/email >

      ** Disclaimer **
      The BBC is not responsible for the content of this e-mail, and anything written in this e-mail does not necessarily reflect the BBC's views or opinions. Please note that neither the e-mail address nor name of the sender have been verified.

      If you do not wish to receive such e-mails in the future or want to know more about the BBC's Email a Friend service, please read our frequently asked questions. http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 1/hi/help/ 4162471.stm

      Regards
      Joe