a different cutting edge

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2006
      A young lady friend of an old lady friend is just back from studying
      massage technique in Thailand near the Myanmar nee Burmese border
      aka "Golden Triangle".

      Most notable of many mementos she brought back was a pint bottle of
      pale whiskey in which was a small coiled cobra rearing with flairing
      neck clutching in its mouth the curving tail of a black scorpion with
      pincers spread & poised for nipping.

      I had heard of snake whiskey & wine in the region and am all too
      familiar with mezcal grubs, but I thought this presentation far the
      most elaborate spirit pickling I ever encountered.

      Now if the Orient would just learn to cask in oak and maple, I might
      even drink their distillations.
      Til then, I'll stick to martinis with Awamori in lieu of vermouth.