RE: [Distillers] Alcohol Lore - Fact & Fiction

  • Derek Hamlet
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2006
      I just took a quick peek at that site. Interesting, but, the first
      thing I read made me wince a little at how a statement can be true,
      but, still not give you any sense of the reality of where the
      statement came from.
      They said: "did you know the ancient Vikings used the skulls of their
      enemies as drinking vessels".
      True, but, the historical reality is that when a Viking warrior
      fought and won a battle against a particularly valiant foe, they
      honored that foe by slicing off the top of the skull and while
      drinking from it they said "skol". It was a tribute to bravery not
      an act of drinking from an enemies skull.
      Sometimes truth is in the fine print.
      At 04:53 AM 9/26/2006, you wrote:

      >Thank you for a most interesting and informative read!
      ><http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/FunFacts/index.html>http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/FunFacts/index.html

      Derek