Re: Nixon still question

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2006
      One inch pipe will tolerate ~1500W or a bit more in a reflux mode
      before flooding. Looks like you haven't read your compleat distiller
      where the Nixon-Stone design is explained. There's a little trick to
      the product take-off that you'll have to figure out. If the hot
      product is bothering you, build a small liebig to the product takeoff
      line.

      Cheers, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tyler_97355" <kd7enm@...> wrote:

      > ok, when i tried to modify my still, it looked very similar to this:
      > http://homedistiller.org/image/tony_head_together.jpg
      >
      > However, i used a reducer from 2" to 1/2". because of that, the
      vapor
      > pressure kept the distillate building up in the condenser. in this
      > picture, i am assuming that the entire thing is made with 1" pipe.
      If