Re: Need comments on new design

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2006
      In VM you remove vapors below the reflux condenser. The removal rate
      is controlled by large gate or ball valve.

      Now if you insist on using several small columns here's what I'd do.
      Clump together 2-4 columns so they form a stack. Introduce a common
      chamber for them at the top of the columns. On top of the chamber
      have individual condenser for each column. From the chamber side have
      a VM outlet. The VM outlet will disturb the vapor composition some,
      but if you keep the vaporspeed low and chamber somewhat large there
      should be enough turbulence there to nullify that effect.

      Cheers, Riku