RE: [Distillers] WOW, just WOW

  • gibson mastertone
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2006
      >On May 17th 2006 I put together two washes of sugar, baker's yeast and
      >6 gallons of water. Two weeks after that I ran one of them through.
      >Same ole same ole... 87%. Typical.
      >
      >Well, I forgot about the other wash sitting in my shop until last
      >week. I thought I was going to have to throw it out because it has
      >sat for almost 4 months in the summer heat. I opened it and to my
      >amazement it was awesome. Clear as water and wonderful sweet smell.
      >
      >We ran it through last night... WOW! 2L of 92%. I probably could
      >have continued to draw off and filled another bottle in the 80's but I
      >got tired and shut it down.

      I know exactly what you are saying!! I had a 6-gal sugar wash ready in late
      June, and was not able to run it until last week. Yield was MUCH better,
      and much more defined transition between the 'good stuff' and the tails.

      My new policy: let 'em sit for at least 2 months.

      GM

      Express yourself - download free Windows Live Messenger themes!
      http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/themes/vibe/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline