Re: Taste, Purity and Heathiness

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "diskmaster23" <diskmaster23@...>
      wrote:

      > Harry,
      >
      > Couldn't you clear up some of the minerals with a buchner vacuum pump
      > filter and some very fine paper filter...maybe like 2.5microns? Would
      > that clear up the minerals?

      You could, but you will also remove some of the substances that define
      flavour. Filtering is an art on its own, and can get expensive.
      Chill filtration is probably the easiest way for a hobbyist to go, but
      again you'll lose a bit of flavour.

      I strongly urge you (and everyone) to read the 'Flaws' section (pages
      74 - 85) in Kris Berglund's "Artisan Distilling" in my Library.
      You'll find it on the homepage of this Distillers site.