Re: OT: Croc Hunter Dead

  • homadechilly
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006

      > I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often. Some will cheer,
      > many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the man, it wasn't a
      > nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers mate".
      >
      > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin
      >

      > Slainte!
      > regards Harry

      CHEERS!
    • Andrew Bugal

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
              "Crocodile Hunter" Quotes
              (Steve Erwin Tribute):

              "Crikey means gee whiz, wow!"

              "When I see what's happened all over the world,
              they're looking at me as this very popular, wildlife
              warrior, Australian bloke. And yet back here in my own
              country some people find me a little bit
              embarrassing."

              "Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with
              crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than
              the executives and the producers and all those sharks
              in the big MGM building."

              "I bled a lot. I got hit across the face. We couldn't
              film for seven days. I got whacked, underwater, across
              the face. I finished the shot, got into the boat and
              blood started coming out."

              "I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute,
              and I'm fine with that."

              "I have no fear of losing my life. If I have to save a
              koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I
              will save it."

              "I would never blame an animal if it bit me, because
              I'm at fault, not them. I heal so quickly. If you cut
              my arm off I would grow a new one."

              "I'm high as a kite, mate. I'm flat out like a lizard
              drinking, all the time. You know I have trouble just
              sitting here. You know, I'm just like, got to get up."

              --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

              > I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often.
              > Some will cheer,
              > many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the
              > man, it wasn't a
              > nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers
              > mate".

              http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

              > Slainte!
              > regards Harry

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • bayproducer
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 6, 2006
                --- well i did my first spirit run on monday afternoon and i have
                decieded to name my spirit STINGRAY in respect for a great Bloke
                by the way from a simple pot still i got 250 mls of 50-40% spirit from
                1 liter of goon! i am planning to double distill it soon!!!!!!!!!
              • Anthony Athawes
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 6, 2006
                  Out of all the people who entertain us, I very much disliked his exaggerated
                  presentation (I'm a quiet Attenborough fan!), but at least he did something,
                  even if a bit theatrically.

                  Whatever, I'm jolly sorry a soul should so perish, him or anybody else.

                  Tony