OT: Croc Hunter Dead

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
      I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often. Some will cheer,
      many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the man, it wasn't a
      nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers mate".

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

    • Larry
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006
        At 05:45 AM 09/04/2006, you wrote:

        >I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often. Some will cheer,
        >many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the man, it wasn't a
        >nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers mate".
        ><http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

        I'd just like to say "I TOLD you so!", but I guess he wouldn't hear me, the
        same way he didn't hear me all the times I told him about the idiocy of all
        the other things he did on camera.

        I'd give five dollars to know WHAT he was doing with that stingray to get a
        barb in the heart.

        You've got to know full well that he didn't get nailed while just swimming
        innocently by...

      • homadechilly
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006

          > I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often. Some will cheer,
          > many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the man, it wasn't a
          > nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers mate".
          >
          > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          CHEERS!
        • homadechilly
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2006

            > I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often. Some will cheer,
            > many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the man, it wasn't a
            > nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers mate".
            >
            > http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin
            >

            > Slainte!
            > regards Harry

            I MEANT THAT IN A GOOD WAY! GOOD MAN!!
          • Andrew Bugal

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2006
                    "Crocodile Hunter" Quotes
                    (Steve Erwin Tribute):

                    "Crikey means gee whiz, wow!"

                    "When I see what's happened all over the world,
                    they're looking at me as this very popular, wildlife
                    warrior, Australian bloke. And yet back here in my own
                    country some people find me a little bit
                    embarrassing."

                    "Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with
                    crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than
                    the executives and the producers and all those sharks
                    in the big MGM building."

                    "I bled a lot. I got hit across the face. We couldn't
                    film for seven days. I got whacked, underwater, across
                    the face. I finished the shot, got into the boat and
                    blood started coming out."

                    "I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute,
                    and I'm fine with that."

                    "I have no fear of losing my life. If I have to save a
                    koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I
                    will save it."

                    "I would never blame an animal if it bit me, because
                    I'm at fault, not them. I heal so quickly. If you cut
                    my arm off I would grow a new one."

                    "I'm high as a kite, mate. I'm flat out like a lizard
                    drinking, all the time. You know I have trouble just
                    sitting here. You know, I'm just like, got to get up."

                    --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

                    > I guess Steve Irwin pushed his luck once too often.
                    > Some will cheer,
                    > many will mourn. Whatever your feelings about the
                    > man, it wasn't a
                    > nice way to go. I'll drink one to him. "Cheers
                    > mate".

                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060904/ap_on_en_tv/obit_irwin

                    > Slainte!
                    > regards Harry

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • bayproducer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 6, 2006
                      --- well i did my first spirit run on monday afternoon and i have
                      decieded to name my spirit STINGRAY in respect for a great Bloke
                      by the way from a simple pot still i got 250 mls of 50-40% spirit from
                      1 liter of goon! i am planning to double distill it soon!!!!!!!!!
                    • Anthony Athawes
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 6, 2006
                        Out of all the people who entertain us, I very much disliked his exaggerated
                        presentation (I'm a quiet Attenborough fan!), but at least he did something,
                        even if a bit theatrically.

                        Whatever, I'm jolly sorry a soul should so perish, him or anybody else.

                        Tony