Re: Parrot's beak

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni <link2d@...> wrote:

      > Would you be kind enoungh to share the web site for
      > Brokenbranch?
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > Link

      It's our old sparring partner, Stilldrinkin.com. The turbostomper
      crew. Remember the pics of potstills & some curvy chick? Same mob
      as were trying to rip Tony's entire site (homedistiller.org) and
      flog it (they stopped that when Tony got pissed at 'em). Same mob
      as threatened to sue Suitcase over freely available and NON-patented
      still design (Suit told 'em to go take a hike after consulting
      here). It's all in the archives.

      I believe their forums are a haven for disgruntled ex-
      yahoo.distillers. ;-)

    • Link D'Antoni
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
        10-4 on that Harry.
        I definately don't want to offend Tony. Most of my
        refinement in regard to this hobby is owed to Tony...
        and the occasional mishap in the wine room. I've
        learn a lot from those mishaps but that's another
        chapter in the book.
        I guess I'll get around to making my own parrots
        beak. Getting one from Hoga is not reasonable usless
        purchasing some other higher ticket item as the cost
        of wire transfer(checque), etc.

        Thanks for the heads up.

        Link

        --- Harry <gnikomson2000@...> wrote:

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Link D'Antoni
        > <link2d@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Would you be kind enoungh to share the web site
        > for
        > > Brokenbranch?
        > >
        > > thanks,
        > >
        > > Link
        >

        > It's our old sparring partner, Stilldrinkin.com.
        > The turbostomper
        > crew. Remember the pics of potstills & some curvy
        > chick? Same mob
        > as were trying to rip Tony's entire site
        > (homedistiller.org) and
        > flog it (they stopped that when Tony got pissed at
        > 'em). Same mob
        > as threatened to sue Suitcase over freely available
        > and NON-patented
        > still design (Suit told 'em to go take a hike after
        > consulting
        > here). It's all in the archives.
        >
        > I believe their forums are a haven for disgruntled
        > ex-
        > yahoo.distillers. ;-)
        >

        > Slainte!
        > regards Harry

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Pete H
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 6, 2010
          Just viewed a few of the pics of parrot's beaks created by members of this forum. Wonderous, mysterious works of art some of them.

          Started me thinking they might be a good idea. Even started drawing mods that I thought might suit my methods. Mods like running condenser output through a coil captured inside a water jacket (which cools the condenser) to ensure product temp is going to give correct readings.

          Also thought about the problem of getting the drip rate right if you don't see the output until the parrot's beak is overflowing as with some designs which are direct connected to the condenser output.

          Then thinking it through further, given the radical temp escalation I have noticed once the purest ethanol (78C - 82C) has left the column at around 95%, do I really care about losing maybe 100 - 200ml of hard to win, and probably not cost effective tails that may still be left in the boiler?

          I'm talking about the tail end of the tails, not the tail run itself which generally yields around .5 ltr of re-boilable output.

          By the tails of the tails stage, smell and taste of the product has me deciding its time to switch of the power.

          Any thoughts?