RE: [Distillers] Re: trid-new photos question

  • Brendan Keith
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 28, 2006
      Since it's only a pot still, it might put out ~80% at the start of the run
      and taper off until you're just distilling water.

      Your net abv% will be a result of how long you run it.

      I did take a copper scrubber and wedge it up in the lid area so that the
      vapours have to pass through it before exiting to the condensor. I also
      slid a 6" or so length of 3/8 copper tube over the output tube so that I
      could run it out to a receiver standing away from the boiler. The tapered
      nature of the unit prevented a receiver from standing there easily.

      --
      Brendan Keith
      bkeith@...

      [mailto:Distillers@yahoogroups.com]On
      > Behalf Of Link D'Antoni

      > Several of my associates use the 3 qt and 1 gallon
      > Kenmore and get 135-140% on the first run. One friend
      > uses his for 'unfinished' bottles of wine. (I
      > personally NEVER have unfinished bottles of wine). He
      > does a triple distil getting up to 185% with his unit.
      > The one pictured is a 1 gallon. I get 140% first run.
      > It does not work on molasses. Molasses tends to
      > foam.

      Hi I have a Kenmore distiller and can't get a very high alcohol
      content out of it. Have you modified yours? I used a turbo yeast and
      sugar (8kgs)for 25ltrs of wash. Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks Gord