reviews on 25l super reflux still

  • bayproducer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2006
      hi everyone i am looking to buy a 25l super reflux still are they good?
      are there any easy modifications to make the still work better?
      what abv% do you get out?
      any comments will be apreciated!
    • Lindsay Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
        Whether they are good depends on what you are wanting from it. Don't
        be fooled into thinking "super reflux" means anything, however. In
        truth, it is a reflux enhanced pot still. No more, no less. If you
        want a pot still, you don't need the reflux head. If you want a high
        purity/abv still, you need to re-think the exercise.

        As far as abv is concerned, IMHO there are only two values. 95%+ and
        the rest. This still comes into "the rest" category.

        All commercial stills I have seen also make a compromise on power
        input. A correct run power makes time-to-boil excessive. They tend to
        go for a middling approach that is bad for both!

        So, first decide what sort of output you want then the decision is easy.

        Cheers,
        Lindsay.