Power controler

  • Bob Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      Hi guys, my boiler has a 1500 watt element, at 240 volts its pulling
      6.32 ams. My mate "an electriction" gave me a 2000 watt lamp
      controler, i wired it in temportaly, and can adjust the wattage to
      where ever i want, i found that 800 watts (3.4 amps)was a nice
      refluxing speed.he also supplied me with a contactor and a thermal
      switch, so it would switch over automatically at the set temperature,
      the lamp controller is made by HMC, and has a bypass switch on it and
      a manual dial, i took the amp readings with my digital clamp meter.
      regards Bob