Still building

  • john Davies
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2006
      G,Day all
      I am gathering materials for building a still. Been reading all
      messages for three weeks, very educational and amusing too thanks
      blokes. would like to know what youall think. After a lot of thought
      I like the Mini still with an Automatic Reflex Control tube device and
      have 1.2 meter copper 50mm tube with an extra .400 mm for a condenser
      also got hold of a 30 litr urn with a controllable heat source to 2400
      watts. I like the idea of a pure spirit.. PS I am graduating from
      the Amazing still, which I can only get 38 % good quality booze.
      Regards to all.... trublu
    • diskmaster23
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
        My question to you is...what are you asking us?

        Disk

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "john Davies" <trubloodyblu@...> wrote:

        > G,Day all
        > I am gathering materials for building a still. Been reading all
        > messages for three weeks, very educational and amusing too thanks
        > blokes. would like to know what youall think. After a lot of thought
        > I like the Mini still with an Automatic Reflex Control tube device and
        > have 1.2 meter copper 50mm tube with an extra .400 mm for a condenser
        > also got hold of a 30 litr urn with a controllable heat source to 2400
        > watts. I like the idea of a pure spirit.. PS I am graduating from
        > the Amazing still, which I can only get 38 % good quality booze.
        > Regards to all.... trublu

      • john Davies
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
          ---G,Day diskmaster 230
          Thanks for reply the main thing I would like to know is .... would
          the the Auto Reflex work well with the system I [ mini still with 1.2
          metr column, .400 condenser ] have planned or is it not worth the
          trouble as it is my first effort?
          regards trublu

          ]] In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "diskmaster23" <diskmaster23@...>
          wrote:

          > My question to you is...what are you asking us?
          >
          > Disk
          >
          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "john Davies" <trubloodyblu@>
          wrote:

          > > G,Day all
          > > I am gathering materials for building a still. Been reading all
          > > messages for three weeks, very educational and amusing too thanks
          > > blokes. would like to know what youall think. After a lot of
          thought
          > > I like the Mini still with an Automatic Reflex Control tube
          device and
          > > have 1.2 meter copper 50mm tube with an extra .400 mm for a
          condenser
          > > also got hold of a 30 litr urn with a controllable heat source
          to 2400
          > > watts. I like the idea of a pure spirit.. PS I am graduating
          from
          > > the Amazing still, which I can only get 38 % good quality booze.
          > > Regards to all.... trublu

        • abbababbaccc
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
            My first ARC was an external sensorpipe version with EL head and it
            worked although it tended to let slight amount of tails through. For
            that reason I strongly recommend building the Internal sensorpipe
            version. Internal senorpipe version is close to idiot proof in
            operation and by thorough testing has been proven to give excellent
            spirits.

            - Riku