Re: [Distillers] Re: Tortuga Banana Rum

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
      Harry,

      Thanks for the info.
      I will look into Banana Oil to start with. I have
      the equiptment to make essential oil but haven't had
      time to work the process. I have a (free) commercial
      supply of 84 brix molasses. I usually reflux to
      174%ish proof giving a very good clear rum. I have
      tried pot stilling from a banana/molasses wine mix...
      It's OK and impressed a few (of my freeloading
      friends) but nothing close to Tortuga.
      I'll look into the esterification process at a later
      date. I am behind on my distilling and need to get
      some stuff out of the way first.

      Thanks again for the feed back.

      Link

      === message truncated ===