Fermenting

  • Rodger
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2001
      My wash has dropped to a reading of o.95 and is still bubbling very
      slowly, is there any point in waiting a few more days as it has 18%
      alcohol now.
    • Tony & Elle Ackland
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2001
        Rodger,

        > My wash has dropped to a reading of o.95 and is still bubbling very
        > slowly, is there any point in waiting a few more days as it has 18%
        > alcohol now.

        I wouldn't wait. There will still be a little sugar left, and the wash
        probably hasn't settled crystal clear, but I get too impatient to wait
        until then. See how it goes. Later on, with future runs, you might want
        to experiment and see if the extra wait is worth it, and judge for
        yourself. Everyone has different standards.

        Tony