This is more of a wine making question but maybe yall can help.

  • suitcase1499
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
      My son started some wine with a Wine Yeast that will go to about 14 %
      ABV. The SG was 1.100 my question is when should I stop fermentation
      if I want a nice sweet wine. I don't like dry wine at all. I was
      thinking about stoping it at about FG 1.020 Does that sound ok if not
      please advise if any of yall know, Cause I can't remember shit right
      now. Thanks a bunch,

      Suitcase
    • donald holcombe

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
          suit

          I would run it out to less the 1 sg and sweeten it with grape juice.

          I never have any luck stopping the fermentation at desired taste.

          Either way stabilize with Sorbate.

          cary

          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "suitcase1499" <suitcase1499@...>