Re: [Distillers] I.H. Question

  • Link D'Antoni
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 4 4:38 AM
      Try this site...
      Alcohol Machine... yes, its inhaled.

      http://www.awolmachine.com/page-2.htm

      No, I have not tried it.

      Link

      --- Larry <larry@...> wrote:

      > >One of our instructors mentioned that a small
      > amount of alcohol heated in a
      > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly
      > cause intoxication,
      > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to
      > ingest ETOH.
      >
      > It was all over the TV news in Texas about a year
      > ago... Apparently clubs
      > were opening in some other state which specialized
      > in this form of alcohol
      > intake, and there was some question about them
      > serving minors, or about
      > what would happen legally, if they started serving
      > minors.
      >
      > Since it didn't involve consuming alcohol, in the
      > conventional sense, storm
      > clouds were coming up about whether these bars could
      > bypass existing liquor
      > laws, they way they were written.
      >
      > I assume it worked, or it wouldn't have made news on
      > a national level.
      >
      > I've never heard another peep about it since then,
      > though, so there must be
      > a reason that every bar in Texas isn't boosting
      > their sales with Inhaling
      > Masks on hoses by now.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • mampoer_boer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 6 8:22 AM
        Just shorten your condensor and suck on your still
        Ha I have it all sorted ;-)

        Mampoer Boer

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Bugal <bwyze44@...> wrote:

        > In "ye olde days", the argument of ABV and proof was a serious
        discussion in England.

        > They settled on the "proof" basis in that if rum leaked from the
        barrels and wetted the gun powder (rum was stored with the gunpowder
        under lock and key), the gunpowder would still fire. There was a
        narrow range of proof that allowed this to happen and it would be
        tested by wetting gunpowder with rum to ensure it burned. If it did,
        the rum was "proof" that it was in the legal range.

        > No doubt those sailors working below decks on rum ships had their
        own experiences with "proof".

        > Bwyze
        >
        > donald holcombe <blackledge_02@...> wrote:
        > Ive read accounts of sailors on the old Rum Ships becomig
        intoxicated by spending time in the hold of a ship in the Tropics. I
        also have come under the influance while painting with laquer sealers
        in a laundry room to seal smoke damage before painting. Ethanol is the
        thinner. The effect seemed quite prfound upon going into the fresh air. ?