I.H. Question

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
      >One of our instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
      >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
      >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

      It was all over the TV news in Texas about a year ago... Apparently clubs
      were opening in some other state which specialized in this form of alcohol
      intake, and there was some question about them serving minors, or about
      what would happen legally, if they started serving minors.

      Since it didn't involve consuming alcohol, in the conventional sense, storm
      clouds were coming up about whether these bars could bypass existing liquor
      laws, they way they were written.

      I assume it worked, or it wouldn't have made news on a national level.

      I've never heard another peep about it since then, though, so there must be
      a reason that every bar in Texas isn't boosting their sales with Inhaling
      Masks on hoses by now.
    • Brian Bashford
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
        I've read more than one account of people in Eastern Europe throwing a
        glassful of undiluted high alcohol vodka onto the hot coals in a sauna to
        facilitate inebriation followed by seduction :0)

        Brian B.

        _____

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
          Some time ago it was a bit of a hit in London.

          Ian...

          On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

          > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
          > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
          > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

        • donald holcombe
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
            Ive read accounts of sailors on the old Rum Ships becomig intoxicated by spending time in the hold of a ship in the Tropics. I also have come under the influance while painting with laquer sealers in a laundry room to seal smoke damage before painting. Ethanol is the thinner. The effect seemed quite prfound upon going into the fresh air. ?

            Ian Kent <kegscruiser@...> wrote: Some time ago it was a bit of a hit in London.

            Ian...

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
              Another thought. Ethanol goes out through the lungs . It probably doesnt go back in very efficiently .O2 is only absorbed in small amount during each breath . Seems maybe only small amounts of alcohal would transfer this way. You would probably hyper ventalate before you could Huff a good jigger full. Would the throatcause a reflux effect making a large long throat more efficiant ? IV is still the fastest way. !

              On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

              > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
              > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
              > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

            • Andrew Bugal
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                Yeah and straight alcohol into the bloodstream would cause some serious and interesting results.

                Large, long throat? Sounds like my girlfriends. Man I love it when you talk dirty.

                Bwyze

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 3, 2006
                  In "ye olde days", the argument of ABV and proof was a serious discussion in England.

                  They settled on the "proof" basis in that if rum leaked from the barrels and wetted the gun powder (rum was stored with the gunpowder under lock and key), the gunpowder would still fire. There was a narrow range of proof that allowed this to happen and it would be tested by wetting gunpowder with rum to ensure it burned. If it did, the rum was "proof" that it was in the legal range.

                  No doubt those sailors working below decks on rum ships had their own experiences with "proof".

                  On 7/4/06, Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                  > instructors mentioned that a small amount of alcohol heated in a
                  > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly cause intoxication,
                  > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to ingest ETOH.

                • Link D'Antoni
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 4, 2006
                    Try this site...
                    Alcohol Machine... yes, its inhaled.

                    http://www.awolmachine.com/page-2.htm

                    No, I have not tried it.

                    Link

                    --- Larry <larry@...> wrote:

                    > >One of our instructors mentioned that a small
                    > amount of alcohol heated in a
                    > >sealed flask and then inhaled would theoritecaly
                    > cause intoxication,
                    > >bypass the liver, and be the healthiest way to
                    > ingest ETOH.
                    >
                    > It was all over the TV news in Texas about a year
                    > ago... Apparently clubs
                    > were opening in some other state which specialized
                    > in this form of alcohol
                    > intake, and there was some question about them
                    > serving minors, or about
                    > what would happen legally, if they started serving
                    > minors.
                    >
                    > Since it didn't involve consuming alcohol, in the
                    > conventional sense, storm
                    > clouds were coming up about whether these bars could
                    > bypass existing liquor
                    > laws, they way they were written.
                    >
                    > I assume it worked, or it wouldn't have made news on
                    > a national level.
                    >
                    > I've never heard another peep about it since then,
                    > though, so there must be
                    > a reason that every bar in Texas isn't boosting
                    > their sales with Inhaling
                    > Masks on hoses by now.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • mampoer_boer
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 6, 2006
                      Just shorten your condensor and suck on your still
                      Ha I have it all sorted ;-)

                      Mampoer Boer